Thursday 26 July 2012

MAJOR NEW PAINTING

I have completed a large new painting called "Life Dance".

It measures 40inches by 50inches.

I am disappointed by the limitations a photograph has in showing the true nature of my work, and none more so than this one.
Using crimson and ultramarine blue, with orange and raw sienna, I have made a real effort to paint a sky with warm beauty and depth.




And in the swirling fabric of the figure I have used all the red pigments available.



Every so often I find I need to 'let my imagination run' and create something beyond the mundane.
Some of those close to me have said that this painting is the most exciting and interesting I have painted since "Ascendency".
(Now proudly owned by a discerning collector in Boston, USA )



All I know is I continue to explore the theme of individual consciousness in as many diverse and beautiful visualizations as possible.

While these two paintings parallel the subject of  a beautiful woman in a visual field of space and light, they are not dissimilar to "EarthMover".
Again a single figure in a visual field of space and light.

  
Three paintings where I have 'let my imagination run'.

No comments:

Post a Comment